"One glance out of our bedroom window was enough to know there was a monster fire just south of our place. The sky was alive with a sickening orange glow that I'd seen before -- the most memorable occasioning being the glow from my brothers' bedroom back in 1981 when my house burned down due to an electrical fire."

(Photo: Coffey Park, Santa Rosa, CA. Elijah Nouvelage, Special To The San Francisco Chronicle)

The Banter Long Read: I've had an interesting week. And it all began with something inside my computer called "classpnp.sys."...

UPDATE: For the next 24 hours, you can get a month's free membership!

RELATED ARTICLES