The more I delve into researching the worst people on the alt-right and the Purity Left, the more I see how badly they want to be funny. And they never, ever are.

The Banter Long Read: In the wake of the 2016 election, stand-up comedian Patton Oswalt wrote a sobering status on Facebook that I've been thinking about a lot recently. Oswalt (whose new special, Annihilation, is streaming on Netflix now) has always been something of a polymath, possessing the ability to write and speak with deep insight not just into comedy, but film, literature, and politics, all through his self-deprecating and hopeful lens.....

(UPDATE: We have extended our free trial on a Banter Membership for the next 24 hours so you can still read all Members pieces for free!)

RELATED ARTICLES