The crisis is just beginning. Unless social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter endeavor to self-police more vigorously, deploying support staff and algorithms to weed out deliberate foreign attempts to manufacture chaos in our politics, things could get much, much worse.

The Banter Long Read: Somehow, this story involves yogurt. You might recall a sidebar during last year's election season about Chobani, the Greek yogurt people...

To continue reading this MEMBERS ONLY article, please go here. You'll get unrestricted access to all our member's content, and your support directly goes to the writers at the Banter and keeps us 100% independent. Thank you!

RELATED ARTICLES