While the Nation Mourned 9/11, Ted Cruz Was Watching Porn on Twitter

The man once rumored to be the Zodiac Killer hits a new low.
The man once rumored to be the Zodiac Killer hits a new low.
fullsizeoutput_e38

In an era of weird headlines, like "Trump Bombshell: There Were Fine People Among Nazis," and "Behold! Donald Trump and the Mysterious Glowing Orb," we now have one of the weirdest, and most unintentionally hilarious news stories in recent months...as the headline says, Ted Cruz "liked" a porn video on Twitter.

Screenshot courtesy of Huffington Post

Screenshot courtesy of Huffington Post

The video is of a woman walking in on a couple going at it on the couch -- an atrociously bad scene that feels like a parody written by Tina Fey on 30 Rock. That anyone would find this sexy is beyond me, but apparently the junior Senator from Texas did. Cruz "liked" the tweet on September 12th at 12:39 AM Eastern Standard Time, and his staff took it down less than thirty minutes later. His communications director immediately issued this tweet to clean things up:

But an hour earlier, @SexuallPosts, the account that posted the video, had sent out this:

We still have not learned if this was the work of a hacker, a prankster in the office, or if Ted Cruz really is that stupid. But we do know that Cruz's sexual tics have been reported on in the media before. A Washington Post article from last year reveals that, during his clerkship for Chief Justice William Rehnquist, he watched porn with him and Sandra Day O'Connor to review a 1996 case regulating internet porn, Reno vs. American Civil Liberties Union. And we know that in 2007, he tried to ban sex toys in Texas. Most hysterical of all have been tweets from his former Princeton roommate, Craig Mazin, who has had this to say:

Mazin goes on to call the fact that Cruz likes this "mediocre spam porn" (his words), "the most human thing we can say about him." High praise for a man who was once rumored to have been the Zodiac Killer.

Obviously, there have been several memes and hysterical tweets sent since the news of this incident dropped, but most important of all is this: because the tweet was liked at 12:39 eastern time, that means that for the rest of the country, Ted Cruz liked a porn video on the anniversary of 9/11

As Louis CK joked, you can tell how bad a person is by how soon after 9/11 they began jacking off again. By liking this video, Ted Cruz just gave us all a hint at how he might have responded to that incident sixteen years ago.

RELATED ARTICLES