There is nothing inherently wrong with white culture other than the belief in its own superiority. If this continues, we are doomed to repeat the same mistakes our ancestors did during the 20th century.

The Banter Long Read (word count 1174)For many Americans of white European descent, the superiority of white European culture is simply a given. White people built the country, created the laws, brought Christianity to the natives and made America the most powerful, wealthy country in the world. While many white Americans might not think they believe this, push them hard enough and the truth almost always comes out. I cannot count the number of conversations I've had with white Americans whose pride in their country is based on the economic and military prowess of the country they were born in. And I am not one to judge. My sense of being British is derived in part from my nation's economic might and war like culture it used to conquer much of the world...

To continue reading this MEMBERS ONLY article, please go here. You'll get unrestricted access to all our member's content, and your support directly goes to the writers at the Banter and keeps us 100% independent. Thank you!

RELATED ARTICLES