America is not immune to the cancerous rot of fundamentalism and it's been eating away at our military for decades.

The Banter Long Read: Half a century ago, conservative Christian Republicans were aghast at the idea of a Catholic, John F. Kennedy, being elected president because they were worried that he would put his religion before the Constitution. But that was before the American right wing made its deal with the devil and embraced religious extremism as a political ideology...(word count 1128)

RELATED ARTICLES