Red America Is Seriously Still Bitching About Obama's Travel Expenses

In the alternate media reality the right wing exists in, the Obamas bilked the American taxpayer for millions while Trump is a fiscally responsible president. No, really.
In the alternate media reality the right wing exists in, the Obamas bilked the American taxpayer for millions while Trump is a fiscally responsible president. No, really.
angry-white-man (1)

This is a tweet put out early Friday morning by Judicial Watch, a right wing propaganda outfit funded by right wing zillionaires to push an extremist agenda:

If, when you engage with a conservative, it feels like you're talking to a visitor from another world, you're not entirely wrong and this tweet is part of the reason why. No matter how many articles you read about right wing media, it's difficult to convey just how pervasive and all encompassing the propaganda really is.

For example, near the end of Obama's time in office, the right whipped up a new talking point that he and his family had spent almost $100 million travelling around the world, living like royalty. Why, it was outrageous! Off with his (black) head! The idea, of course, was to feed in to the myth of the lazy Negro president even though Obama took less vacation time than both Bush 43, Bush 41 and the Great Saint Ronald himself. To be fair, Reagan's vacation time was on par with other presidents but both Poppy Bush and Dubya's time off was excessive. You know how lazy white millionaires are.

But ever since it became obvious within the first month (week?) of Trump's presidency that he would be the laziest president to ever sully the Oval Office, the right has pounded that talking point about Obama into the heads of the faithful nonstop. 8 months after he left office and long after you and I thought they had given up on it, propagandists like Judicial Watch are still regularly reminding conservatives to be angry about how much money Obama spent and blatantly lying about how "little" Trump is spending on his almost weekly vacations:

(Washington, DC) — Judicial Watch today announced it obtained travel records from the Secret Service in response to a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit, bringing the known total of travel expenses for former President Barack Obama and his family to $105,662,975.27. The latest records show President Trump’s travel expenses total slightly over $4 million.

See how responsible and frugal Trump is compared to that dastardly thief Obama?! Sure, they leave out the millions spent on all of Trump's numerous other golf trips (they don't have the records yet so they don't count. See how this con works?), and they neglect to mention the fact that Trump is personally profiting from his own vacations but you don't need to bother with those little details! Just focus on the huge number next to Obama's name! Isn't your blood boiling? Aren't you rip-roaring mad? Doesn't it make you want to vote for tax cuts for billionaires just to stick it to Obama? Tax cuts? What tax cuts? Don't worry about those tax cuts, fella! Did I tell you about Benghazi?

Yeah, they never gave up on that, either.

Or the Clinton Foundation:

Or that IRS scandal Fox made up.

Or Whitewater. Whitewater!

And these are all tweets or retweets from just the last 24 hours. It's like Fox News' Greatest Hits for Dummies but it's how they keep pumping disinformation into the bloodstream of the right wing. I'd be willing to bet that if I kept looking, I'd find Vince Foster and Obama's birth certificate in there somewhere.

The puppeteers of the right long ago tumbled to the fact that keeping conservatives filled with rage, hate, and fear makes them easy to manipulate. Once they also figured out that they could pump them for millions while selling them absolute gibberish, it was a race to the bottom to reap the rewards of reducing an entire political movement to a toxic stew of paranoia and ignorance.

Judicial Watch will continue screeching about Obama's $105,662,975.27 while conveniently ignoring Trump's historic corruption. They'll never stop "investigating" Obama and Hillary because the right needs boogeymen to keep them distracted while Republicans steal their healthcare and shower billionaires with trillions in tax cuts.

The "both sides" press keeps insisting that we need to come together but how do you talk to someone whose entire worldview is entirely populated by lies? More specifically, lies that explicitly state that anything you say is, itself, a lie no matter how much evidence you produce?

Understanding it from this view, Judicial Watch is less a propaganda outfit than it is a part of a mass cult programming operation that is destroying this country. We are running out of time before Trump's obnoxious travel expenses will the very least of our worries.

There are 45 days left to the the 2017 elections.

- This article kills fascists

RELATED ARTICLES