Trump Threw a Temper Tantrum in Arizona Because the Crowd was too Small

Some more of that legendary "presidential temperament."
Some more of that legendary "presidential temperament."
Someone get that baby a bottle! And get those kids away from him!

Someone get that baby a bottle! And get those kids away from him!

If it felt like Trump's dishonest ranting in Arizona last week seemed particularly unhinged, you'd be forgiven for thinking that someone forgot to change his diaper before sending him out on stage.

The reality is far worse:

Donald Trump was in a bad mood before he emerged for a confrontational speech in Arizona last week.

TV and social media coverage showed that the site of his campaign rally, the Phoenix Convention Center, was less than full. Backstage, waiting in a room with a television monitor, Trump was displeased, one person familiar with the incident said: TV optics and crowd sizes are extremely important to the president.

That's right, the "most powerful man in the world" was furious that his audience wasn't large enough to satisfy his fragile ego so he spent over an hour screaming his rage at the world. With such thin-skinned petulance in the White house, it's not much of a stretch to imagine Trump declaring war on a country that serves him food he doesn't like. "I don't wanna eat my vegetables and you can't make me! I'm gonna make my generals blow you up real good!"

As is typical of Trump, he had to find someone to blame for the tepid turnout:

As his surrogates warmed up the audience, the expanse of shiny concrete eventually filled in with cheering Trump fans. But it was too late for a longtime Trump aide, George Gigicos, the former White House director of advance who had organized the event as a contractor to the Republican National Committee. Trump later had his top security aide, Keith Schiller, inform Gigicos that he’d never manage a Trump rally again, according to three people familiar with the matter.

With so much insanity surrounding this presidency, a temper tantrum over the size of an unimportant rally crowd would appear to be just another minor detail. But it speaks to the much larger problem of how petty and irrational Trump is. No one so easily enraged by something so trivial can effectively lead a singalong much less the most powerful nation on earth.

America simply cannot survive 4 years with a spoiled manchild squatting unchecked in the Oval Office, kicking his feet and holding his breath because his feelings got hurt. Republicans put us in this mess and we have to undo it as quickly as possibly.

- This article kills fascists

RELATED ARTICLES