Is Trump Stupid Enough To Fire Mueller? Who The Hell Knows Anymore?

Trump is seriously considering firing Robert Mueller, and why not? The GOP took firing Comey on the chin. Who's going to stop him?
Robert Mueller

Yup. There's a face that says "Fuck with me." This should go well.

As we plummet even further into the hellscape known as Donald Trump's America - where Nazis feel emboldened enough to say, "Hey! Quit picking on us just because we're Nazis!" - we've already watched as Republican senators sharpened their knives right in front of former FBI Director James Comey's face as he explained pretty matter-of-factly, "So you know that asshole who fired me? He's a duplicitous piece of shit who's doing duplicitous piece of shit things."

You'd just assume that a president firing an FBI director who's in the middle of actively investigating said president's campaign allegedly colluding with a foreign adversary would raise a considerable amount of red flags. But Republicans showed that, nope, they'll go ahead and swallow that one without even blinking. How's that Cuba deal working out, Marco? What's it like to be a two-faced son-of-a-bitch, James Risch?

But why stop there?

In surprising, yet not surprising news, Trump is reportedly considering firing Special Counsel Robert Mueller because, again, why the fuck not at this point?

Keep in mind, when Mueller was appointed to special counsel, it was met with bipartisan praise. And a suspicious as hell attack from WikiLeaks, which tells you all you need to know about who they're working with.

However, Sunday morning, a slimy little Newt began laying the groundwork for President Orangina Fuckboy III by tossing out this ratfucking gem.

From The Hill:

"It's very clear that Comey hates Trump," Gingrich told radio host John Catsimatidis. "Comey is clearly extraordinarily hostile to Trump."

"I think Congress should now intervene and they should abolish the independent counsel, because Comey makes so clear that it's the poison fruit of a deliberate manipulation by the FBI director leaking to the New York Times, deliberately set up this particular situation. It's very sick."

Newtered then started beating the drum on Twitter where maybe one of the president's bots would give him the thrill and emotion that divorcing a cancer-ridden wife couldn't.

Of course, the big question is "What's in it for Newt?" I'm glad you asked.

As Charles Pierce expertly points out, Republicans coming for Mueller has its roots in the Iran-Contra scandal. (Solid read on that link, btw.) But in the meantime, the GOP will pretend to clutch its pearls and attempt to say with a straight face, "Why certainly the president wouldn't be so foolish to do such a thing." Shit, John McCain even managed to speak English!

From Politico:

Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine) said the notion firing Mueller, would “certainly be an extraordinarily unwise move.”

“He’s a very much trusted individual and had an outstanding record as head of the FBI,” McCain said.

Even some of Trump’s closest allies in Congress are warning against any rush to nix the Mueller probe.

“I think Bob Mueller’s as good as you’re going to find. I don’t see any reason to remove him now,” said Rep. Peter King (R-N.Y.), who has largely defended Trump throughout the investigation into potential Russia ties.

Remember these quotes when Mueller's sitting in front of the Senate Intelligence Committee and being told, "Now, c'mon, the president didn't really fire you."

On that note, as The Hill points out, Trump can't fire Mueller. But he can order Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein to do it, and then fire him if he doesn't. From there, Rosenstein would be replaced by someone more dedicated to the cause.

As for whether or not Trump is stupid enough to go down this road, uh, yes. 100% yes. Are you fucking kidding me? He'll probably do it by tweet in the morning, and it'll be considered the righteous Hand of God by conservatives by noon.

We're all going to die.

RELATED ARTICLES