While Donald Trump may well be a destructive agent laying waste to the planet's resources, he may well be a catalyst for something much, much greater.

We are experiencing an extreme moment in human history that is greatly destabilizing and emotionally traumatizing for many, many people and it is easy to get incredibly depressed about it all. While Donald Trump may appear to be the biggest impediment to the change we so desperately need, I have an alternate take that might sound a little bizarre to a westerner, but nevertheless might be useful to consider as at least a metaphor for what is happening on the planet right now...

To continue reading this article, please go here. A Banter Membership gets you access to the magazine and all our Members Only content. Your membership also directly funds independent journalism and is greatly appreciated!

RELATED