The RNC's Defense of Trump's Undeniable Corruption is a Master Class of Hypocrisy and Dishonesty

This is amazing, even for the professional liars of the Republican Party.
Updated on
Donald Trump

The Republican National Committee upheld the party's tradition of simply lying to the public's face with the assurance that no one in the media will dare to call them on it.

Earlier today, the Attorneys General for Maryland and the District of Columbia filed a lawsuit against Donald Trump for flagrantly violating the Emoluments Clause of the Constitution from the second he took his oath of office. The clause prevents the president (or any elected official for that matter) from accepting payments from foreign governments such as, for instance, renting space at a hotel owned by said president as a means of lining his pockets, aka, a bribe.

We knew this was going to be a problem long before Trump was elected and he swore that he would divest himself from all of his holdings. To the surprise of exactly no one, Trump lied and essentially hung a "for sale" sign on the door to the Oval Office. Want to get in the good graces of the President of the United States? Better cancel that reservation at the Hilton and switch it over to a Trump property.

The case clearly has merit and if it proceeds, could have dire consequences for Trump and his Republican enablers who have been ignoring his corruption since he won the primary. So of course the RNC released a statement that reeked of pure, unfiltered bullshit:

This is what it looks like when one of our two major political parties has gone all in on "alternative facts" and knows it doesn't matter how much they lie. This is what it looks like when one of our two major political parties understands its base is so incapable of discerning the truth that they will believe anything they're told no matter how "absurd" it is.

This is what morally and intellectually bankrupt political party looks like and this is what it looks like when they're killing our democracy.

Republicans spent 8 years relentlessly delegitimizing President Obama. They turned our political discourse into a fetid swamp of hate and rage. They poisoned the minds of millions of conservative voters with conspiracy theories laden with fear and racism. They stopped governing and instead obstructed everything in a bid to destroy the presidency of a man they despised on every conceivable level. They broke every tradition and norm that made our country function for the people. They stole a Supreme Court seat, stole the vote of millions of Americans and, in the end, stole the White House by turning a blind eye to a hostile foreign power attacking the integrity of our election.

Donald Trump is the single most corrupt president to ever sully the presidency. He's making millions from abusing his power. He's openly sucking up to the countries that grease his palm. He's still refusing to release his taxes so we the people can't see who owns him. He literally asked the FBI to drop an investigation into his buddy before firing their director for refusing. By any and every definition, Trump is the exact opposite of "committed to complete transparency and compliance with the law." But, hey, America, ignore all of that! Can you believe the nerve of these fucking Democrats and their lawsuits?! Why can't they just stop picking on the president and let him make America great again?

Everyone at the RNC is a piece of shit and CNN can kiss my ass if they don't like my language.

- This article kills fascists

RELATED