Putin Claims The CIA Framed Russia, Here We Go

Vladimir Putin is suddenly very talkative about hacking. Almost like he's rubbing our noses in it.
Updated:
Original:
Putin Megyn Kelly

In an interview with Megyn Kelly for NBC News, Russian President Vladimir Putin decided to pull some shit, as the kids say, by suggesting that Russia is being framed for the hacking of 2016 election by American hackers:

"Hackers can be anywhere. They can be in Russia, in Asia...even in America, Latin America," he said. "They can even be hackers, by the way, in the United States who very skillfully and professionally shifted the blame, as we say, onto Russia. Can you imagine something like that? In the midst of a political battle?"

"By some calculations it was convenient for them to release this information, so they released it, citing Russia," Putin added. "Could you imagine something like that? I can."

But, wait, there's more. According to Kelly, Putin then floated the idea that perhaps the CIA is behind the hacking just like how it was behind the murder of JFK. Oh, yeah, Trump's boyfriend went there.

Kelly told viewers that Putin — the former director of Russia's domestic spy agency — also suggested that the CIA could have been behind the hacking and noted that many people were convinced Russia was responsible for the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.

Of course, the best part of the interview is watching Kelly struggling to keep a straight face while reporting this bag of horseshit to NBC News headquarters:

What makes Putin's remarks even more suspicious - besides the fact that they're coming from Putin himself - is that a day earlier, he told a forum in St. Petersburg that Russian hackers (Not working for the state!) might have targeted the U.S. election after waking up one morning with a patriotic boner for the motherland.

From The Atlantic:

“Hackers are free people, just like artists who wake up in the morning in a good mood and start painting,” Putin told news agencies at a meeting in St. Petersburg, the Associated Press reported. “The hackers are the same, they would wake up, read about something going on in interstate relations and if they have patriotic leanings, they may try to add their contribution to the fight against those who speak badly about Russia.”

However, when asked if Moscow might try to influence the German election, Putin tried to downplay the impact of hacking an election, which I'm pretty sure was a not-so-subtle dig at how America ended up with radioactive sweet potato that brags about sexual assault running our country.

From NBC News:

"No information can have a direct impact on people's mind ... nor on final results of the elections," Putin said, adding, "It is my conviction once again that no hackers will be able to have an impact on the electoral campaign in any country ... whether it's America or Asia."

Clearly, Putin hasn't met a Jill Stein voter. Unless you count Jill Stein herself, then scratch that. He totally has.

For the record, the U.S. intelligence community has stated in official reports that it has a "high confidence" that Russia meddled with the U.S. election with the goal of putting Trump in the White House. As for why Putin is suddenly so chatty about shifting blame for the hacking, former FBI Director James Comey is scheduled to testify in front of the Senate Intelligence Committee next week about the accusations that Trump attempted to obstruct the investigation into his campaign's alleged collusion with Russia.

Of course, Trump could block Comey's testimony, but then he would look guilty as hell, and there's no way an American president is that fucking stupid.

The White House is reviewing whether Donald Trump will try to use his presidential powers to attempt to prevent former FBI James Comey from testifying before Congress about their interactions.

Staffers including White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer and senior adviser Kellyanne Conway said that the president and his White House counsel haven't decided whether to invoke a doctrine called executive privilege, saying that the West Wing hadn't had enough time to consider all of the options just yet.

We're all going to die.

RELATED