WikiLeaks Is Already Attacking Robert Mueller With Out Of Context Horsesh*t

Wikileaks attacked Robert Mueller within hours of his appointment as special counsel to investigate Trump's connection to Russia. Subtle.
Wikileaks attacked Robert Mueller within hours of his appointment as special counsel to investigate Trump's connection to Russia. Subtle.
Robert Mueller

In a surprising, holy shit, I can't fucking believe something is actually done about Trump development, the U.S. Justice Department has appointed former FBI Director Robert Mueller as special counsel to "investigate alleged Russian interference in the 2016 U.S. election and possible collusion between President Donald Trump's campaign and Moscow."

The move spearheaded by Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein - who was not happy about being thrown under the bus by the White House during the Comey firing - is being greeted with bipartisan support, according to NBC News, which is another surprising turn of events, and now I'm freaked out. It's a trap!

Mueller is "a great selection," Rep. Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah, chairman of the Oversight and Government Reform Committee, said on Twitter. The ranking Democrat on Chaffetz's committee, Elijah Cummings of Maryland, called Mueller's appointment "a solid choice" in a statement Wednesday night.

Rep. Adam Kinzinger of Illinois, one of the first Republicans to call for appointment of a special counsel, called Mueller "a fantastic person."

"I don't know him personally, but I think it's a good move," Kinzinger told reporters in Washington.

Sen. Richard Blumenthal, D-Connecticut, a member of the Judiciary Committee, told MSNBC: "Bob Mueller has the experience and expertise, the guts and backbone, to ensure the independence of this investigation."

Even Anthony Romero, executive director of the American Civil Liberties Union — which sued the FBI numerous time during Mueller's tenure as director — said, "We applaud the selection of Robert Mueller," adding: "We are confident that he can and will carry out an independent investigation."

Naturally, the appointment of a well-respected and thorough investigator should have Trump scared shitless. Especially considering information like, say, the fact that Michael Flynn told Trump's aides that he was under investigation before he was hired is pouring out of the White House like a fucking geyser.

Perhaps more shockingly, Trump hasn't taken to Twitter to fire off 140 characters of dumb that will only implicate him further. Then again, he does his best tweeting during Fox & Friends. So fortunately the totally impartial WikiLeaks stepped in and did a bang-up job of making Julian Assange look like he's not working for Putin.

But as Balloon Juice points out, WikiLeaks conveniently left out some pretty important context. Specifically the part where Mueller was doing his job, the documents were standard procedure, and literally everything about this situation was on the up-and-up.

The material was seized in a nuclear smuggling case in Georgia (the country), and the Russian Federation wanted to analyze the material to double-check where it may have come from. A law-enforcement matter, and it’s likely the US wanted to make a point to Russia that it’s serious. You don’t get more serious in law enforcement than the head of the FBI.

The assholes are getting desperate. Grab your popcorn.

RELATED ARTICLES