MEMBERS ONLY: The Death of the Progressive "Hacktivist"

Once upon a time we were told "hackivists" were the future of progressivism. Boy, that really worked out well for everyone, didn't it?
Once upon a time we were told "hackivists" were the future of progressivism. Boy, that really worked out well for everyone, didn't it?
1481901058381

I get it, the younger you are, the cooler hacking seems. My first exposure to it was WarGames in 1983 and that fictional hacking almost ended the world. That, however, didn't stop me from using the modem for my Commodore 64 to get into a handful of systems I wasn't allowed to access (this was before most companies had even basic security (like passwords) so this was not difficult at all)....

To continue reading this article, please go here. A Banter Membership gets you access to the magazine and all our Members Only content. Your membership also directly funds independent journalism and is greatly appreciated!

RELATED ARTICLES