The Bombing in Manchester is Being Used to Attack All Muslims, Liberals and Hillary Clinton

In a sane world, this would be unacceptable. But this is Trump's America now and the moral rot runs deep.
In a sane world, this would be unacceptable. But this is Trump's America now and the moral rot runs deep.
manc

As of this writing, 22 people, mostly teens and younger, are dead at the hands of suicide bombers in Manchester, England. ISIS has already claimed responsibility and many are mourning the loss of so many young lives. Meanwhile, as the police are still sorting through the wreckage left by intolerance and extremism, the right is hard at work whipping up even more intolerance and extremism in response.

Instead of paying their respects or expressing their grief like normal people, conservatives did what they do best - use tragedy to attack the people they hate.

They blamed liberals because we refuse to blame all 1.6 Billion Muslims for the horrific actions of the relative paucity of violent extremists.

Of course, they attacked Muslims because no other religion in the history of the world has ever inspired terrorism or extremism.

It's important to note that many of the people (the Americans, at least) railing against liberals and Muslims for "allowing" the murder of so many children were a whole lot less interested in taking action when 20 children died at Sandy Hook Elementary School in 2012. Banning Muslims to protect children is just fine, banning guns to do the same is tyranny. That should tell you everything you need to know about their priorities and utter lack of morality.

As bad as these tweets were, though, the very worst came from those most indicative of the right's complete disconnect from reality:

Seth Rich is the DNC staffer who was killed last year. Fox News, AM Hate Radio and right wing websites shamefully started using his murder last week to distract conservatives from Trump's unraveling presidency.

These are sick and dangerous people on the verge of becoming the very thing they claim to despise the most. Once their fragile political power inevitably collapses, they will be bombing concerts in the name of Jesus and patriotism, completely oblivious to the horrible irony. After all, no one ever believes they're the villain; everyone is the hero of their own story.

Fortunately for the future of the human race, for every hateful tweet (and there were many), they were ten more calling for love, peace and understanding and even more offering support for all the scared and confused children in the immediate aftermath. I know a lot of my writing is angry and all of that is directed at those that would make inflicting pain the sole purpose of our government but my goal is to improve the world for everyone, even those who only seek to destroy it. The best way to honor the victims of terrorism is to not change who we are as a people because then the terrorists have won and the dead become little more than weapons against our values.

“Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster... for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

RELATED ARTICLES