Trump May Have Revealed Classified Military Secrets. Again.

At this point, you'd have to be insane to give Trump the combination to your luggage much less classified information.
1row2-660x407

Anyone who has ever watched a single war movie knows that the entire point of submarines is that they can hide from the enemy. A submarine that is exposed is a submarine that is sunk. We have a whole fleet of ships that sail on the surface to show off how powerful our Navy is. Submarines are supposed to be unseen when they're in the field.

So what does it say about Donald Trump that he couldn't stop himself from bragging to fellow lunatic Philippine President Duerte that we have two nuclear subs stationed off the coast of North Korea?

U.S. President Donald Trump told his Philippine counterpart that Washington has sent two nuclear submarines to waters off the Korean peninsula, the New York Times said, comments likely to raise questions about his handling of sensitive information.

Trump has said "a major, major conflict" with North Korea is possible because of its nuclear and missile programs and that all options are on the table but that he wants to resolve the crisis diplomatically.

I don't have a problem with Trump (or, more realistically, his admirals), putting the subs there. If North Korea threatens to launch a nuclear missile, popping two nuclear subs to the surface in the middle of our carrier group sends a clear message that by the time their missile reaches its target, all of their major cities and/or military bases will already be a smoking crater.

But that's deterrence for when things are already at the tipping point. Announcing their presence before that is a needless provocation that puts our own subs at risk. N. Korea has a significant fleet of submarines and while they're won't be as sophisticated as out own, that won't make much of a difference when there's a couple of dozen of them hunting ours down.

The furor over Trump exposing highly classified information to the Russians hasn't died down yet and now this? Today's revelation shows that Trump is a threat to national security unlike anything we've ever known. We're assuming these constant gaffes are the result of his insatiable need to brag but it begs the question: What if he's doing this on purpose?

- This article kills fascists

RELATED ARTICLES