Trump Humiliates America During his Tour of Israeli Holocaust Museum

Trump's statement in the museum's Book Of Remembrance sounds like it came from a middle-schooler.
Updated:
Original:

Donald Trump decided to steal the keys for Air Force One from Uncle Sam and take a little joyride to the Middle East and Europe. And as soon as he left the shores of the U.S.A. Americans started holding our collective breath in hopes that our Adolescent-In-Chief didn't embarrass the nation too badly. Unfortunately it didn't take long for that embarrassment to occur.

On Sunday Trump delivered what some observers considered a very "adult" speech on terrorism and Islam in Saudi Arabia. But he also left many skeptical about his sincerity on the subject, given the numerous times in the past he has verbally attacked Muslims and their faith. Still, he managed to read what was put in front of him without going off context and talking about his "YUGE" electoral victory. For Trump, that was a major accomplishment.

But things went downhill for The Donald when he weighed in on the Manchester concert bombing. Once again the Tweeter-In-Chief demonstrated that his vocabulary is about the equal of a precocious pre-pubescent, as he offered one of the most pathetic remarks ever to come from an American president in the wake of a tragic event.

"I won’t call them monsters because they would like that term," Trump said. "They would think that’s a great name. I will call them from now on losers, because that’s what they are. They’re losers. And we’ll have more of them. But they’re losers. Just remember that."

As the carnival barker says, "Wait. There's more."

On Tuesday the Trumps visited the Yad Vashem Holocaust Memorial Museum in Jerusalem. This is what the leader of the free world wrote in the museum's "Book Of Remembrance":

"It is a great honor to be here with all of my friends. So amazing + will Never Forget!"

"Never Forget," of course, is a term used by many when talking about The Holocaust. Trump's capitalization of the words says he knows their significance. But was he saying he will "never forget" what happened to over six million Jews at the hands of the Nazis, or was he saying that he will "never forget" his visit to the museum with all of his BFFs? Or was he attempting to do both? It looks like he was trying to be clever as he made the museum visit all about him, as he does with everything.

Trump's inability to summon even a bit of eloquence for the occasion makes what George W. Bush wrote when he visited the museum during his presidency sound like it was written by Shakespeare: "God Bless Israel -- George Bush," he inscribed.

And dare I even mention what President Obama wrote during his visit? Yes, I dare.

"I am grateful to Yad Vashem and all of those responsible for this remarkable institution. At a time of great peril and promise, war and strife, we are blessed to have such a powerful reminder of man's potential for great evil, but also our own capacity to rise up from tragedy and remake our world. Let our children come here, and know their history, so that they can add their voices to proclaim 'never again.' And may we remember those who perished, not only as victims, but also as individuals who hoped and loved and dreamed like us, and who have become symbols of the human spirit."

This is the man who holds our safety and wellbeing in his hands. Trump has the vocabulary of a grade-schooler and cannot express himself clearly in either text or speech. He thinks like a child, acts like a child, and has never put away the childish egocentrism that most of us shed when we transition to adulthood.

"Relax, it's only his first trip abroad," we are told by his supporters. But Trump is no international neophyte. He has done business in a variety of countries around the world for years. He should know how to speak and write to leaders and people of other nations and cultures by now. You don't have to be a foreign policy expert to do that, you just have to know how to treat others with respect, and have a little idea about the things they consider to be important. But he doesn't have a clue of how to even begin to go about it, because to Donald Trump, everything will forever and always be about him.

RELATED