When Donald Trump was caught on video talking about sexually assaulting women and getting away with it because he's a celebrity, his supporters and the broader Republican Party rushed to his defense, calling the "pussygate" video "locker room talk." In other words, boys will be boys. Locker room talk apparently includes criminally grabbing the crotches of unsuspecting women, or kissing them without their permission, then bragging about it on television.

But when Stephen Colbert, the host of The Late Show on CBS, referred to Trump as Vladimir Putin's "cock holster," conservative Trump supporters weren't as cavalier about the definition of "locker room talk."

“The only thing your mouth is good at is being Vladimir Putin’s cock holster,” Colbert said during a deliberately unleashed series of insults against Trump in retaliation for Trump's treatment of CBS's host of Face the Nation, John Dickerson.

And now, FCC chairman Ajit Pai says he plans to investigate Colbert's monologue and perhaps take action to penalize the late night host. It's worth noting that Pai was appointed to the FCC by Barack Obama, but it was Trump who promoted Pai to chairman of the panel.

“We are going to take the facts that we find and we are going to apply the law as it’s been set out by the Supreme Court and other courts and we’ll take the appropriate action,” he told Talk Radio 1210 WPHT Thursday.

“Traditionally, the agency has to decide, if it does find a violation, what the appropriate remedy should be,” he said. "A fine, of some sort, is typically what we do.”

It was just over 13 years ago when a Republican jihad was launched against Janet Jackson's partially-exposed nipple after it was shown on television for a split second during the Super Bowl halftime show, and the fallout led to increased policing and more than a little tight-assedness when it came to broadcast and cable content, including radio. Apparently, when Republicans control the White House and Congress, their inner snowflake emerges and they simply can't handle the, you know, locker room talk.

Indeed, the crowd that's badgering liberals about needing safe-spaces and trigger-warnings -- the crowd that's been using the words "cuck" and "snowflake" to ridicule liberals and identity politics -- are hastily retreating to their fainting couches after Colbert's jokes.

Here's a sampling of comments from the Breitbart report on the story:

phy44 -- I think you are disgusting and are not a good example to to the people who watch your show. You have no respect for your country's leader. How can you teach the people of this world to respect each other if they can't respect their leader of the United States of America. SHAME ON YOU!!!!!! DISRESPECTFUL!!!!!

Angela Crosser -- I certainly hope that at some point, somebody files a lawsuit against your stupid ass. YOU are the only disgrace you idiot.

Renellin -- Colbert has surpassed even Bill Maher for his language. His show is dead to me.

Brian -- Colbert crossed the line and CBS knows it. There comes a point when most Americans - regardless of political affiliation - react in disgust when being disrespected. This is as much about us - the American people - as it is about the highest office in our country. Colbert spewed his personal hissy fit all over us without regard for his listeners and that is offensive and intolerable. The world is wondering why we would let him piss on us and the US???? Call the sponsors and tell them to yank their ads!.

Bruce David -- I'm calling for a boycott of CBS and the advertisers who support this low class, disrespectful lout. CBS should fire him.

Funny how they're suddenly into the concept of boycotts and restrictions against Colbert's "free speech" rights when some says mean things about their cartoon dictator.

These tough-talking "fuck your feelings" Trump supporters are engaged in precisely the same behavior as they claim to despise on the left. In fact, weren't we told by more than a few Trumpers, as well as their guardians on cable news, that it was a backlash against safe-spaces and cultural hypersensitivity that led to Trump's electoral college victory in the election?

Yet they can't seem to tolerate it when Trump is ridiculed on late night television. I suppose they're simply following the lead of their whiner-in-chief, who routinely tweets whiny lamentations about anyone who was too mean to him -- the childish behavior of a clinically delusional bully.

But I say: if the cock holster fits...

RELATED