Nancy Pelosi Eviscerates GOP Over Obamacare Vote: It Will Be "Tattooed on Your Forehead"

Nancy Pelosi spoke forcefully and eloquently in opposition to Trumpcare 2.0.
Nancy_Pelosi_2012

After weeks of wrangling and negotiations with the various factions that make up the Republican party, GOP leadership finally managed to get their Obamacare replacement, Trumpcare 2.0, to a vote in the House of Representatives. The bill sparked a lively debate on both sides of the aisle with Democrats speaking out strongly about the proposal's many faults, and Republicans desperately trying to dress up their pig and pass it off as a puppy.

Democrats saved their most eloquent speaker for last. Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi strode to the well to address the body, and she highlighted, one by one, the many shortcomings of the legislation as well as the many distortions from the Republican side surrounding it.

After she had finished explaining the disaster that awaits Americans should anything resembling the current bill become law, she spoke directly to the so-called "moderate Republicans, telling them,

"As special as we think we are when we come to the floor here, most Americans don't know who their member of Congress is. But they will now, when they find out that you voted to take away their healthcare. They will know when you put an age tax on them, or undermine Medicare, Medicaid, and the rest. Oh yeah. They're paying attention, because it's really personal with them and their families.

"So, I think we have to get ready for that. Our members, our colleagues who have a mantle of being a 'moderate' -- you vote for this bill, you have walked the plank, from moderate to radical. And you're walking the plank for what? A bill that will not be accepted by the United States Senate. Why are you doing this? Do you believe in what is in this bill?

"Some of you have said 'Well, they'll fix it in the Senate.' But you have every provision of this bill tattooed on your forehead. You will glow in the dark on this one. So don't walk the plank unnecessarily."

Unfortunately Pelosi's appeal didn't win the day among all of those who were supposedly wavering, and the bill narrowly won approval. And as things stand right now the bill is DOA in the Senate. Now we will have to wait to see if Pelosi's prediction of the fate of the House "moderate" Republicans comes true and voters hold them to account in 2018, even if nothing resembling this bill ever becomes law. We can only hope.

RELATED