Joy Ann Reid Spanks The "Man-Boys" At Fox News

This is how you treat overgrown toddlers.
Joy Ann Reid

After someone in the military authorized the deployment of America's largest non-nuclear weapon without telling the president about it, the frat boys at Fox News were frantically masturbating with an American flag while humming the Star Spangled Banner. It's the same kind of shameful munitions worship that way too much of cable news fell into but taken to an absurd extreme:

As much as I despise the far left on a normal day, there are times I understand their loathing of America Imperialism. I don't have any sympathy for the 36 dead terrorists and I'm quite please we managed not to kill any civilians this time (allegedly) but it's nauseating to listen to people that generally despise everything this country stands for equate America with dropping bombs. It's a bully's mentality: We have the best weapons and we kill the most people so we're the most awesomest country ever! America, Fuck Yeah!

MSNBC'S Joy Reid decided to take the dude bros down a peg and she wasn't pulling any punches:

Exactly. Fox News loves them some war and pretty boom booms (HARD POWER!) as long as it's other people and kids going off to fight the battle. This is just part and parcel of the right's toxic patriotism that reduces a world of intense complexity to simplistic "us or them" and "strong or weak" ultimatums. In this world, might makes right and a preemptive strike on a nuclear power isn't certifiably insane, it's just America being tough.

We've put a madman in charge of the most powerful military in the world and we have a cackling chorus of imbeciles cheering him on as he takes the world to the brink of nuclear war. Thanks God, we didn't elect Hillary, though. She's a fucking warmonger.

There are 570 days left to the 2018 elections. If we live that long.

- This article kills fascists but will not survive a nuclear winter

RELATED