Glenn Beck To Pro-Choice Tomi Lahren: Sit Down And Shut Up

This is a perfect example of the rampant misogyny on the right.

Last week, Republican darling Tomi Lahren stopped by The View and ignited a firestorm when she told the hosts that she was a pro-choice conservative. The 24-year-old explained that because she believes in limited government, she feels like she would be a hypocrite if she told women what they can and cannot do with their bodies. A point that liberals have been arguing for years. Unfortunately for Lahren, she is now learning what happens to a woman on the right who has the audacity to voice a dissenting opinion.

According to Tucker Carlson's The Daily Caller

Conservative media company The Blaze has suspended political commentator Tomi Lahren, multiple sources with knowledge of the situation confirmed to The Daily Caller. Lahren’s show is suspended for at least one week starting Monday, according to TheDC’s sources. A source with direct knowledge of the situation previously told TheDC that Lahren’s contract with the company goes until September, but that she may leave the company before then.

On his radio show Monday, Lahren's boss Glenn Beck claimed that she had flip-flopped on abortion and played clips of her seeming to express a pro-life view. He went on to say that TheBlaze TV host's opinion that pro-life conservatives are hypocrites is wrong and insinuated that she was too stupid to understand why:

“I would disagree that you’re a hypocrite if you want limited government and yet you want the government to protect life of the unborn. It’s very, very clear. But it takes intellectual honesty, and it takes a willingness to actually think these things through and to do more than just read Twitter or Facebook to get your news and your political opinions. You actually have to study things — these things out in your mind. Especially at a time period like today."

The only way that statement could be more offensive is if he grabbed her by the vagina while calling her a moron. I can't believe I have to defend her, but here it goes. Lahren is a well-spoken, college-educated woman who has made a name for herself in party dominated by sexist men. And Beck's response is a perfect example of the rampant misogyny on the right, misogyny we have seen before.

When Megyn Kelly asked Trump why he disrespected women during the first GOP debate in 2016, she, like Lahren, was lambasted by the men in her party. Donald Trump claimed the only reason she asked him tough questions was because she was on her period. Like Beck, he tried to delegitimize an intelligent woman because she had the gall to stand up for what she believed in despite being told what she is supposed to think by the men in her party.

But, that's how it goes in conservative America. Women are allowed to join the party. Hell, they are even allowed to speak publicly (how progressive!), but God forbid they ever go off the right-wing script. The moment they show that they have their own brain, Republicans suddenly remember they are trying to take our country back to the 1950s and tell that woman to sit down and shut up, just like Beck did on Monday.

Watch Tomi's interview below:

RELATED