"This empty suit is meddling with my ability -- our collectively ability -- to not go bankrupt because we made the mistake of getting sick or injured. Trump, who knows nothing, could be the final word on whether I get the preventative care and prescription medication I need"

Those of you who've been following my work here and elsewhere already know that healthcare reform is a deeply personal issue for me. Before we get into what's being called "Trumpcare," as well as the current president's unforgivable ignorance about the subject, let me tell you what exactly happened to me...

To continue reading this article, please go here. A Banter Membership gets you access to the magazine and all our Members Only content. Your membership also directly funds independent journalism and is greatly appreciated!.

RELATED