MEMBERS ONLY: Confessions of a Liberal Racist

"It's an implicit bias but it's still there, always just beneath the surface like a cancerous tumor I can't quite cut out."
o-MAN-WITH-BLURRED-FACE-facebook

A week ago, I found lice in my daughter's hair. The next day, I realized she had given it to me as well. To my great annoyance, I couldn't stop myself from thinking, "Only dirty kids get lice!" despite knowing for a fact that that's not true...

To continue reading this article, please go here. A Banter Membership gets you access to the magazine and all our Members Only content. Your membership also directly funds independent journalism and is greatly appreciated!

RELATED