Mitch McConnell Continues To Be A Smug Hypocrite - The Daily Banter

Mitch McConnell Continues To Be A Smug Hypocrite

It takes a special kind of person to be this much of a dick.
151211-mitch-mcconnell-js-1160

A quick refresher on Mitch McConnell: This is the man who once said that his main goal as the leader of the Republican Senate was to make sure Obama was a one-term president. Not fix the economy. Not work on immigration reform. Not increase our standing on the world stage. None of that. McConnell was determined to reverse the results of the 2008 election. That's it.

So it was stunning when he had the absolute gall to be a condescending prick to the anti-Trump protests that have been bogging down the GOP's agenda:

"And we respect everybody's right to express themselves. Now I'm going to express myself," he said. "Why are they protesting? They didn't like the results of the election."

McConnell said the current administration is pursuing an agenda that "folks outside don't agree with."

"They had their shot in the election. ... But in this country when you win the election you get to make policy. I always remind people, winners make policy and losers go home."

"Winner make policy and losers go home." Actually, when Republicans are the losers, they go to an expensive restaurant and plot a slow motion coup:

WASHINGTON — As President Barack Obama was celebrating his inauguration at various balls, top Republican lawmakers and strategists were conjuring up ways to submarine his presidency at a private dinner in Washington.

For several hours in the Caucus Room (a high-end D.C. establishment), the book says they plotted out ways to not just win back political power, but to also put the brakes on Obama’s legislative platform.

“If you act like you’re the minority, you’re going to stay in the minority,” Draper quotes McCarthy as saying. “We’ve gotta challenge them on every single bill and challenge them on every single campaign.”

And not that it needs to be said, but Obama didn't just win, he won in a landslide whereas Trump squeaked out an electoral college win with just 75,000 votes while losing the popular vote by almost 3 million. By any definition, Obama had a mandate and Republicans still refused to let him make policy. Meanwhile, Trump has the exact opposite of a mandate and here's McConnell, demanding that the left sit down and be quiet.

We get it. McConnell spent 8 years eroding the foundations of American democracy for partisan gain and was rewarded for his efforts.

Fuck you, Mitch McConnell.

- This article kills fascists

RELATED