Milo Yiannopolous Resigns From Breitbart, Claims Liberals Are to Blame For His Comments

According to Yiannopolous, he regrets his comments advocating pedophilia because he was actually sexually abused as a child and didn't realize it, but didn't actually mean what he said despite reiterating his position on numerous occasions up until his career imploded. And of course anyone reporting on his previous position is a shameful liar and part of mass coordinated liberal attack to end his career.
Screen Shot 2017-02-21 at 6.32.19 PM

It's been quite the 48 hours for Milo Yiannopolous. After comments surfaced of him explicitly and unequivocally advocating pedophilia on a podcast, he was removed from CPAC's speaking lineup, had his book deal with Simon and Schuster terminated, and was forced to resign from the hate site Breitbart.com he helped edit.

Yiannopolous held a press conference today in New York announcing his resignation and partially apologized for his remarks, stating that he takes "responsibility for the things that I said". But true to form, Yiannopolous used the opportunity to blame liberals and the media for his comments made on the Drunken Peasants Podcast. He stated:

And that is part of, you know, part of the failing of the media in this country. They have gleefully reported things about me they know aren’t true over the last 48 hours. With the result, you know, that you now all know. And you guys are responsible for that, and fuck you for that. Because you, you know, you did a bad thing. I take responsibility for the words I used. I take responsibility for the things that I said. but I don’t believe that any journalist writing a story or any editor pressing the publish button believes that I sincerely advocate for or support pedophilia. It's an absurd and ridiculous allegation but they gleefully printed it anyway. America knows better, and knows different.

This of course, is utter bullshit. Let's review the comments again:

"We get hung up on this sort of child abuse stuff to the point where we are heavily policing consensual adults,” he told the podcast interviewer.

“In the homosexual world, particularly, some of those relationships between younger boys and older men — the sort of ‘coming of age’ relationship — those relationships in which those older men help those young boys discover who they are and give them security and safety and provide them with love and a reliable, sort of rock, where they can’t speak to their parents.”

“It sounds like molestation to me,” an unnamed interviewer said in response. “It sounds like Catholic priest molestation to me.”

“But you know what? I’m grateful for Father Michael," Yiannopolous retorted. "I wouldn’t give nearly such good head if it wasn’t for him.”

And no, this wasn't a joke -- Father Michael is apparently a real person Yiannopolous had a relationship with when he was 14. Here he was today, now claiming the relationship he had with Father Michael was in fact abusive (despite claiming it wasn't so before):

Yiannopolous's apology seems at least partially sincere, and as a victim of what clearly was sexual abuse, it is hard not to feel a modicum of sympathy for him. But with his ludicrous description of his 'work' as a virulent misogynist and xenophobe being an ambition to "do something good with his life", it should be abundantly clear that the whole spectacle was basically a desperate attempt to keep his career afloat. Yiannopolous is a highly articulate performer, and he'll use every manipulative tool in his arsenal to deflect blame from himself. His sudden reversal on pedophilia and the nature of his relationships with adults as a child simply cannot be taken seriously given he was saying the exact opposite only yesterday:

I did say that there are relationships between younger men and older men that can help a young gay man escape from a lack of support or understanding at home. That's perfectly true and every gay man knows it. But I was not talking about anything illegal and I was not referring to pre-pubescent boys.

According to Yiannopolous, he regrets his comments advocating pedophilia because he was actually sexually abused as a child and didn't realize it, but didn't actually mean what he said despite reiterating his position on numerous occasions up until his career imploded. And of course anyone reporting on his previous position is a shameful liar and part of mass coordinated liberal attack to end his career. If this makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, don't worry -- we're living in the Trump era where reality is whatever the Alt-Right wants it to be.

RELATED