Jon Stewart Smashes Trump For "Speaking Bullsh*t" and Spreading "Purposeful, Vindictive Chaos”

Jon Stewart returned from the media wilderness last night on the Late Show with Stephen Colbert to deliver a brutally effective skit humiliating Donald Trump and ripping apart the disastrous start to his presidency.
Updated on
Screen Shot 2017-02-01 at 12.38.37 PM

Jon Stewart returned from the media wilderness last night on the Late Show with Stephen Colbert to deliver a brutally effective skit humiliating Donald Trump and ripping apart the disastrous start to his presidency.

In what started out as a funny back and forth with Colbert, Stewart, who came dressed as Donald Trump, shifted gear towards the end of his performance with a withering takedown of Trump, his incessant lying and truly toxic effect on the country after only 11 days in office.

Stewart pretended to read out a series of executive orders, declaring that "The new official language of the United States is bullshit,” and instructing his staff “speak only in bullshit.”

Stewart then moved on to the serious danger Trump and his administration presents to America.

“I, Donald J. Trump, do declare by executive order that I, Donald J. Trump, am exhausting,” Stewart said. “It has been 11 days, Stephen. Eleven fucking days. The presidency is supposed to age the president, not the public!”

"Every instinct and fiber of my pathological self-regard calls me to abuse of power,” he continued. “I, Donald J. Trump, am exhausting because it is going to take relentless stamina, vigilance, and every institutional check and balance this great country can muster to keep me, Donald J. Trump, from going full Palpatine, with the lightning coming out of the fingertips and the ‘fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate.’ We have never faced this before—purposeful, vindictive chaos.”

Calling on Americans to rise up and oppose Trump's presidency, Stewart characterized Trump's presence as an opportunity to show how great America really is.

"Perhaps therein lies the saving grace of I, Donald J. Trump’s presidency," said Stewart. "No one action will be adequate. All action will be necessary. And if we do not allow Donald Trump to exhaust our fight and somehow come through this presidency calamity-less, and constitutionally partially intact, then I, Donald J. Trump, will have demonstrated the greatness of America, just not the way I thought I was gonna.”

Bravo, Jon. And please come back.

RELATED