Watch Stephen Colbert and Joe Scarborough Destroy Kellyanne Conway and the Trump Administration

“I think we’ve already died a million deaths the first month.”
“I think we’ve already died a million deaths the first month.”
Screen Shot 2017-02-22 at 11.52.01 AM

Joe Scarborough had some choice words for Kellyanne Conway and the Trump administration last night, blasting them for continually lying to the media and misleading the public. Speaking on the Late Show with Stephen Colbert, Scarborough also attacked the GOP for standing by as Trump lays waste to the constitution and the judicial system.

When asked by Colbert why he and Mika Brzezinski have banned Conway from appearing on "Morning Joe", Scarborough had the following to say:

“It got to a point where Kellyanne would keep coming out and everything she said was disproven like five minutes later.”

“There’s a quicker way to say that entire sentence,” Colbert responded. “She just lied.”

“Well, yes, exactly,” said Scarborough.

The former Republican Congressman also laid into Trump for questioning judicial review and the legitimacy of a federal judge.

“I’ll be really honest with you; the way he’s acted over the past month has made it even harder to call him Mr. President,” said Scarborough.

He called on his own party to stand up to Trump and let him know that his behavior has been completely unacceptable. “The Republican Party needs to know there is going to be a time after Donald Trump," said Scarborough. "And they’re going to be judged for the next 50 years on how they respond to the challenges today.”

“I wish I shared your optimism that there will be a time after Donald Trump,” shot back Colbert.

When asked whether the political climate can continue in the same chaotic way, Scarborough was decidedly pessimistic. “Republicans and Democrats alike all agree this pace can’t be sustained,” he said. “I don’t think it will last four years.”

“I think we’ve already died a million deaths the first month.”

Coming from a staunch conservative and former Republican Congressman, Scarborough's words could not be more important in these truly insane times. The only way Trump can be stopped is by his own party that has thus far shown a complete inability to stand up to him in any meaningful way. If they don't find their backbone and put their country before short term political expediency, as Colbert darkly joked, there might not be an America left to defend.

RELATED ARTICLES