Trump Kicks Off His 2020 Campaign Because He is Too Lazy to Govern

Donald Trump may not be particularly bright, but he does understand where his power lies -- and that is with his people. While not all Trump supporters are uneducated xenophobes, enough of them are, and they will back him no matter what he does. The more he feels their adulation, the more powerful he feels he becomes.
Updated:
Original:
trump campaigning

Over the weekend, Donald Trump started his 2020 presidential campaign after only a month in office. Why? Because Donald Trump finds being president very stressful, whereas rallies packed with his diehard supporters are a lot more fun.

Instead of say, crafting a coherent Obamacare replacement plan or getting to work on the tremendous infrastructure plan Trump promised would Make America Great Again, he spent the weekend in front of adoring fans comparing himself to Abraham Lincoln, making up terrorist attacks in Sweden and trashing the news media for calling him out on his non-stop lies.

At a large campaign style rally in Melbourne, Florida, Trump told his adoring supporters that he wanted to talk to them "without the filters of the fake news media" -- an Orwellian line his administration has been using for the past couple of weeks to deflect from their own unstoppable stream of bullshit. Hilariously, Trump called the media out for writing fake stories with fake sources "even though they pretend they have them" conveniently forgetting to provide any evidence or sources himself. "They make them up in many cases," he declared, before swiftly moving on to call the anonymous organizations "part of the corrupt system" (a system that of course he now runs).

Contrasted with his batshit insane press conference last week, Trump looked relaxed and in good spirits. As the crowd lapped up his attacks on people connected to objective reality, Trump positively glowed, brimming with the same type of confidence he displayed on the campaign trail last year.

"I am here because I want to be among my friends and among the people," Trump said to open his rally. "This was a great movement, a movement like has never been seen before in our country or before anywhere else, this was a truly great movement and I want to be here with you and I will always be with you."

In other words, I hate Washington D.C and all the government agencies trying to block all my big ideas and want to stay in permanent campaign mode where I only speak in front of people who love me and won't question me.

Donald Trump may not be particularly bright, but he does understand where his power lies -- and that is with his people. While not all Trump supporters are uneducated xenophobes, enough of them are, and they will back him no matter what he does. The more he feels their adulation, the more powerful he feels he becomes.

This of course presents several problems for Trump as reality asserts itself over the coming months. His cabinet is already falling apart at the seams with non-stop leaks, comically stupid errors and toxic infighting. The investigation over Michael Flynn has only just begun, the intelligence community is gearing up for all out war with the newly elected president, and his team are demoralized to the point where even the ever-chirpy Kellyanne Conway is visibly disintegrating under the pressure. This is no way to run a government, and the collapse of leadership will have incredibly dire consequences for the country. As Trump doubles down on his strategy of alienating everyone other than his diehard supporters in red states, his team simply won't be able to handle the fallout back in Washington. This means resignations -- and lots of them. Trump won't spend much time thinking about who to replace lost team members with, and given working with him is essentially long term career suicide, his administration will turn into an even bigger blackhole of talentless hacks looking to to get kickbacks when the horror show is over and Trump has to go back to reality TV and flipping hotels.

Really though, Trump wants to get out of D.C because he's just too lazy to govern. Handling real problems that can't be solved by an executive order signed in front of the media requires intelligence, depth of thought and long term thinking. Trump can do none of the above, so instead, he wants to start campaigning again for the next election -- a mere 32 days into his presidency.

RELATED