Trump Picks Fight With Arnold Schwarzenegger, Loses in Epic Fashion

Trump attacked Arnold over his TV ratings. Not a good idea when you're the least popular president in history.
Updated:
Original:
arnold-schwarzenegger-new-host-the-celebrity-apprentice

Thursday morning was the annual National Prayer Breakfast and President Trump's first time addressing the room of religious and political leaders. If you expected the newly appointed leader of the free world to take his speech seriously, you would be sadly mistaken. Instead of speaking about unity and equality, Trump decided to launch into an attack about Arnold Schwarzenegger's ratings on The Apprentice, and now the former governor of California is hitting back.

During the beginning of his speech Trump said:

"They hired a big, big movie star, Arnold Schwarzenegger to take my place, and we know how that turned out. The ratings went right down the tubes. It's been a total disaster. And [producer] Mark [Burnett] will never, ever bet against Trump again, and I want to just pray for Arnold, if we can, for those ratings."

Because that is what's really important, right? Not an impending war with Iran, suffering in Syria or poverty in America, nope, television ratings are where his focus should be. Shortly after Trump made a fool of himself with the ridiculous comments, Schwarzenegger released a video statement mocking the president for his stupidity. In the video he said:

"Hey Donald I have a great idea. Why don’t we switch jobs? You take over TV, because you’re such an expert in ratings, and I take over your job. And then people can finally sleep comfortably again. Hmm?"

And if the video response was not enough mocking for the day, the former governor's spokesman gave ABC News a scathing statement:

“Arnold is praying that President Trump can start improving his own approval ratings, which were the worst in history for an incoming president, by taking his job seriously and working inclusively."

That is actually pretty decent advice. Trump has the worst public approval ratings of any president in modern history with only 42 percent of Americans saying they like the job he is doing. The reason for this is in large part to America's disgust with Trump's obsession with himself, and his Prayer Breakfast speech further highlighted Trump's limitless narcissism. Nobody cares what his reality television ratings were, the public cares what he is doing as President of the United States -- and thus far, he's doing a terrible job.

Watch below:

RELATED