"One last thing: no one -- and I mean no one -- wishes I had been wrong about Jones and Trump more than I do."

In the aftermath of the April, 2015 unrest in Baltimore, and just about a month before Donald Trump announced his campaign for president, I made a rather ominous prediction regarding how he'd handle the crisis: "Trump also promised to 'fix it fast,' so I suppose that'd mean, what exactly? Using deadly force against looters? Declaring martial law? Shutting down the city like Escape from New York?"....

To continue reading this article, please go here. A Banter Membership gets you access to the magazine and all our Members Only content. Your membership also directly funds independent journalism and is greatly appreciated!

RELATED