Trump Spent Saturday Morning Defending His Putin Love...Again

Because of course he did.
Updated on
Screen Shot 2016-12-22 at 5.43.17 PM.png

On Friday afternoon, President-elect Donald Trump finally sat down with intelligence officials and was briefed about Russia's role in the hacking of our election. Shortly after the meeting, Trump issued a generic statement about how much respect he has for the intelligence agencies (liar), but still refused to call Russia out for their crimes. Instead, the president-elect said:

"While Russia, China, other countries, outside groups and people are consistently trying to break through the cyber infrastructure of our governmental institutions, businesses and organizations, including the Democrat National Committee, there was absolutely no effect on the outcome of the election, including the fact that there was no tampering whatsoever with voting machines."

There was never any suggestion that the voting machines were tampered with. In fact, President Obama has said so repeatedly. The issue has always been the fact that Russia hacked the Democratic National Committee's email, gave the information to a third-party and that party fed the information to Julian Assange's Wikileaks. According to the intelligence report, Vladimir Putin did this in order to skew public opinion in favor of Trump and help him win the election.

The president-elect knows all of this, but he just can't fathom the thought of admitting that he needed help from a foreign government to win the election. Instead, he has chosen to defend Russia and slam the DNC over and over again on Twitter; which is exactly what he did on Saturday:

That is completely untrue. Democrats are talking about the election hacking because they believe in free and fair elections. It is the same reason the left fights against voter suppression laws, but Trump has to make himself feel better about his illegitimate presidency, so, of course, he is going to lie. And he wasn't done, he had to make sure he let Putin know he was still his boyfriend:

Yes, apparently if you have a problem with Russia interfering in our election, you are a fool. Sounds perfectly logical, no?

How exactly are the American people supposed to support a relationship between our countries when Russia has done nothing to earn that friendship? While Trump may be perfectly happy loving up on Putin, the educated voters in the U.S. are not. We don't want to go to war with Putin or anything, but we certainly do not want to reward him for his interference in our election and frankly, anyone who considers themselves a patriot would agree.

This is what the next four years are going to be like. Donald Trump is going to do everything within his power to destroy our democracy and the people who voted for him are going to stand by screaming,"Make America great again!" without any understanding of what that means. It is shameful and historians will look back on this time period with as much disgust as we do the Watergate Scandal and even, perhaps, our Civil War. The only thing left to do is fight like hell and make sure Trump's stay in the White House is as short as humanly possible.

If you want to know how The Daily Banter is planning on taking on Donald Trump and how you can help, please go here.

RELATED