This is not normal. This is not normal. This is not normal.

Just about a year ago today, CNN held one of many televised debates among the clown car of hopefuls for the Republican nomination. Conservative radio talk show host, Hugh Hewitt, asked Donald Trump about our "nuclear triad," which is, cutting to the chase, the term defining the three systems the U.S. military uses to deploy and launch nuclear warheads: submarines, silos and bombers.

Trump had no idea what Hewitt was talking about...

To continue reading this article, please go here. A Banter Membership gets you access to our digital magazine 'Banter M' and all Members Only articles. Thank you for supporting independent media!