Trump Literally Brags He's Too Smart To Need Daily Intelligence Briefings

The ego on this man is unmatched.
Untitled.jpg

President-elect Donald Trump sat down with Chris Wallace for an interview on "Fox News Sunday" this week and made an outrageous excuse for his failure to participate in daily intelligence briefings.

We recently learned that Trump has only been receiving intelligence briefings about once a week. Usually, a newly elected president participates in daily briefings in order to get a full understanding of what to expect when they take office. The intelligence briefings are vital, especially with the current conflicts in the Middle East.

But during the interview with Fox, Wallace asked Trump about his intelligence briefings and the POTUS-elect responded, "I get it when I need it." He went on to say that the people briefing him "are very good people," but he doesn't need them every day because he is very smart:

“I don’t have to be told ― you know, I’m, like, a smart person. I don’t have to be told the same thing in the same words every single day. I don’t need to be told ... the same thing every day, every morning ― same words. ‘Sir, nothing has changed. Let’s go over it again.’ I don’t need that.”

The ego on this guy is absolutely unmatched. Trump's refusal to admit that he isn't the most intelligent person in the world is going to put us in great danger. Apparently, he really does believe that he "knows more than the generals do." It doesn't matter that nobody could possibly know what is going on without these briefings, he just knows everything already because he has a "very good brain."

An even more disturbing possibility is that Trump is going to rely on sites like Infowars for his information. Trump has already shown a propensity for regurgitating the nonsense he finds there. The prospect of America's foreign policy being dictated by people that think lizard people run the world is the stuff of nightmares.

What is going to happen when Trump is inaugurated? Is he going to continue to view these briefings as a waste of his precious time? It sure looks that way.

It's time for Republicans to admit their leader is dangerously incompetent and incapable of protecting the country. They won't, of course, because all they care about is power and holding onto it at all costs. We have to be ready to hold them accountable when Trump's laziness gets Americans killed. It's just a matter of time.

RELATED