Joe Biden Just Said He's Running in 2020. And He'd Likely Win Too.

If there's a prominent Democrat capable of beating Donald Trump in 2020, Biden fits the bill almost perfectly.
Joe Biden

Hell yeah.

Today, CNBC broke the story that Vice President Joe Biden will be running for president in 2020. In a somewhat cryptic statement to a small group of reporters, he was quoted as saying the following:

"Yeah, I am. I am going to run in 2020," Biden said when asked if he would run for office again. When asked what role he would seek, the 74-year-old vice president responded: "For president. And also, you know so, what the hell man, anyway."

The vice president said, however, he wasn't making a commitment to run when reporters asked if he was kidding.

"I'm not committing not to run. I'm not committed to anything. I learned a long time ago, fate has a strange way of intervening," he said.

If there's a prominent Democrat capable of beating Donald Trump in 2020, Biden fits the bill almost perfectly. Biden has name recognition, solid blue collar credentials, and oratory skills that match up well against Trump. Biden has said publicly that he'd like to kick Trump's ass in a street fight (yes, seriously), so would be well equipped to handle Trump's bluster.

Yes, Biden would be 78 years old in 2020, but he looks in fine form and hasn't lost any of his trademark banter and sharp wit. Democrats would rally around him very, very quickly too and he'd have Obama's campaign machine behind him every step of the way, so it really would be a big threat to the Republicans.

Let's hope he wasn't kidding.

RELATED