Bombshell Report: "The FBI Is Trumpland" And Actively Trying To Manipulate The Election

This is what actual corruption looks like.
Updated on
James Comey

The Guardian's Spencer Ackerman has dropped a bombshell about why the Federal Bureau of Investigation has suddenly become a central figure in the 2016 election and it should freeze the blood in your veins.

According to the reporting, the FBI has become a tool of the Trump campaign with the explicit goal of putting Trump into the White House:

Deep antipathy to Hillary Clinton exists within the FBI, multiple bureau sources have told the Guardian, spurring a rapid series of leaks damaging to her campaign just days before the election.

“The FBI is Trumpland,” said one current agent.

This is a giant red flag attached to an air raid siren sitting on top of a 200 foot long billboard that reads: "Danger! Danger, Will Robinson!" An integral part of the federal government is violating every political norm and tradition and law we rely on to sustain our democracy. We are now well past the first stages of fascism.

The currently serving FBI agent said Clinton is “the antichrist personified to a large swath of FBI personnel,” and that “the reason why they’re leaking is they’re pro-Trump.”

The agent called the bureau “Trumplandia”, with some colleagues openly discussing voting for a GOP nominee who has garnered unprecedented condemnation from the party’s national security wing and who has pledged to jail Clinton if elected.

There have been questions about how much damage Trump and his pretensions to dictatorship could possibly do if elected. This is America and our government officials would never go along with Trump's unconstitutional plans to ban Muslims, deport 11 million people or punish his enemies. "It can't happen here."

But this story puts the lie to that comforting fairy tale once and for all. If Ackerman's sources are to be believed, and there's every reason to do so, then there is already a dangerously large contingent of the government willing and eager to ignore the law to do Trump's bidding. And that's before "President" Trump has had the chance to further co-opt the Bureau. It's impossible to overstate the threat this poses to the country.

During the darkest days under J. Edgar Hoover, the FBI was used to advance a highly partisan worldview even as a succession of presidents attempted to constrain the politically motivated witch hunts. Now imagine what an openly right wing Bureau would be like unshackled by Trump and backed by an Alt-Right controlled Supreme Court.

Under such a regime, journalists like Ackerman would have their lives put under a microscope to discredit, or even jail, them. Progressive organizations would be targeted for destruction and social movements like Black Lives Matters would be all but outlawed. The potential abuses of power are limitless when you have accomplices willing to ignore the law and the Constitution to pursue a political agenda.

Even if Hillary Clinton wins next Tuesday, Trump's scorched earth campaign has done the kind of damage to the foundations of our democracy that will take decades to repair, if they can even be repaired. At the very least, we've had our eyes opened to how easily an authoritarian monster like Trump could subvert the power of the government to his own ends. The FBI already has the door open and a welcome mat laid out.

We're in trouble and the only way out is to vote like the future of the United States is at stake because, no hyperbole, it is.

RELATED