It's not breaking news to report that Donald Trump doesn't know a goddamn thing about anything. Based on what he's said, it's obvious that either he's personally ignorant of basic constitutional parameters or that he's deliberately deceiving his "poorly educated" voters. I tend to believe it's a mix of both, and it's perfectly illustrated in Trump's recent screeching about the Affordable Care Act, otherwise known as Obamacare.

He's been making a huge deal out of the fact that around eight states will see premium rate hikes by at least 30 percent, with the average rate increase hovering around 25 percent. Trump seems to think this is related to, perhaps, a mysterious Obamacare insurance wizard hiding behind a curtain -- punitively twirling his mustache while jacking up rates. It's not. Trump doesn't seem to understand, or he's banking on his people not understanding, that private insurance companies are raising rates. Not "Obamacare."

That said, the rate increases will exclusively hit Obamacare marketplace customers. Which obviously calls for a fix in the law that either regulates rate increases or expands subsidies. There's also, of course, the public option, which Bernie Sanders is working on currently. Either way, Trump seems to be defending the current rates paid by marketplace purchasers who, fact, wouldn't have any insurance at all -- expensive or cheap -- were it not for the inexplicably "controversial" law.

He's also failing to tell his voters, many of whom are likely enrolled in a plan through either the marketplaces or Healthcare.gov, that federal subsidies as well as the Medicaid expansion will ensure that customers with financial trouble will get help, if not fully free coverage, because of the law that Trump wan't to repeal.

Speaking of repeal, at one of his rallies on Tuesday, Trump announced that if and when he's elected he'll call a special session of Congress to immediately repeal the law.

“I will ask Congress to convene a special session so we can repeal and replace,” he continued. “And it will be such an honor for me, for you and for everybody in this country because Obamacare has to be replaced. And we will do it, and we will do it very, very quickly. It is a catastrophe.”

I have no idea what he's talking about.

Not only is Obamacare not a catastrophe, but if he's elected on November 8, he won't have any power to immediately call a special session of Congress. He won't even be certified the winner of the Electoral College until December 19. Besides, even if Congress votes during the lame duck session, President Obama will veto any repeal legislation.

But let's suppose Trump was talking about the day after the inauguration. Provided the economy hasn't collapsed, due to markets fearing the destabilization of everything in the face of a Trump presidency, Congress will already be in regular session, negating the idea of calling a special session. It's also quite likely that if the Democrats don't win back the Senate, they'll filibuster everything the GOP and the (gag!) Trump administration attempts to pass, especially an Obamacare repeal.

Again, he's either stupid or he thinks his loyalists are stupid. Or both.

So, basically, Trump's closing statement is the Pedro speech from Napoleon Dynamite: "Vote for me and all of your wildest dreams will come true." (With apologies to Pedro.)

Not only is he promising a so-called "special session" sometime after the election, but he's also completely exaggerating the impact of the Comey letter regarding Huma Abedin's laptop, explaining out loud that it's "worse than Watergate." Yep. Huma's laptop in the hands of the FBI is far worse than Nixon's White House Plumbers conspiring to eavesdrop on the DNC headquarters, which, by the way, reminds me of...something...I can't quite place...Oh yeah, something about the Russian intelligence services hacking DNC computers to help tip the scales for Trump. That right there is far worse than Watergate. Not Huma's laptop.

RELATED