Ted Cruz Reminds America Why They Hate Him in Truly Insane Supreme Court Dick Move

This is insane.
This is insane.
We can't let a GIRL pick a new justice!

We can't let a GIRL pick a new justice!

Now that he's done polishing Donald Trump's knob, Ted Cruz is reminding America why it hates him so much. On today's agenda: Letting us know the spurious reasoning behind the Republican plan to keep the Supreme Court crippled:

LOVELAND, Colo. — Speaking to reporters after a campaign rally for a Republican U.S. Senate candidate here, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.) said that there was “precedent” for a Supreme Court with fewer than nine justices — appearing to suggest that the blockade on nominee Merrick Garland could last past the election.

“You know, I think there will be plenty of time for debate on that issue,” said Cruz, when he was asked whether a Republican-controlled Senate should hold votes on a President Hillary Clinton’s nominees. “There is certainly long historical precedent for a Supreme Court with fewer justices. I would note, just recently, that Justice Breyer observed that the vacancy is not impacting the ability of the court to do its job. That’s a debate that we are going to have.”

There's also precedent for Republicans to do their fucking job and advise and consent. You know, that little bit in Article 2, Section 2, Clause 2 that specifically does NOT give Republicans the right to keep a seat on the Supreme Court empty until there's a Republican president to fill it?

What is even more annoying about Republicans already floating this idea that the first woman president shouldn't be allowed to appoint her own Supreme Court justices is that the "liberal" press will be "very concerned" about the partisan gridlock in Washington, but will fail to point out to the public just how extreme and unprecedented this level of obstruction is.

Even more annoying than that will be the phony "outrage" Republicans will spew when the Democrats take the Senate back in January and strip them of their judicial filibuster. The GOP is going to rend its garments over this "tyranny" and that's how it will be reported. I guarantee you will hear the phrase "packing the Court" over and over and over because once the Court tilts left, Republicans are screwed.

Their only other option is to demonize the power of the Court as "corrupt". They've already spent 8 years delegitimizing the office of the president and now it's time to do the same to the Supreme Court.

This cannot be stressed enough: Republicans are in the process of self destructing and their first instinct is to destroy the foundations of our government to hold on to power just a bit longer.

Our only chance to minimize the damage is to minimize their ability to wage war on the Constitution. Get out and vote like your future depends on it.

RELATED ARTICLES