For several months now, I've been repeating a mantra that I picked up from the old "Don & Mike" radio show where I worked as an intern and production assistant way back in the early 1990s. "Don't get happy" is intended as a warning against becoming complacent in the face of success. It functions nicely in both radio and real life, and, not least of all, the current election.

To continue reading this article, please go here. A Banter Membership gets you weekly access to the digital magazine and all our Members Only Articles. Supporting independent media is now more important than ever, so please consider joining and helping us remain that way!

RELATED