Serial Adulterer Newt Gingrich Attacks Megyn Kelly For Being "Fascinated By Sex"

Newt Gingrich, the family values Republican who cheated on his cancer ridden wife, went on Megyn Kelly's show last night to accuse the Fox host of being "fascinated by sex" and not interested in "the issues".
Updated:
Original:
newt gingrich.jpg

Newt Gingrich, the family values Republican who cheated on his cancer ridden wife, went on Megyn Kelly's show last night to accuse the Fox host of being "fascinated by sex" and not interested in "the issues".

Apparently taking cues from his candidate's rapidly imploding campaign, Gingrich thought this would be a good way to reach out to the few women left willing to vote for Donald Trump.

"You want to go back through the tapes of your show recently," said aggressively to Kelly after she challenged him over Trump's appalling behavior towards women. "You are fascinated with sex, and you don’t care about public policy. That’s what I get out of watching your show tonight.”

Undaunted by Gingrich's aggression, Kelly fired back and pointed to polls showing it to be the most important issues to women voters.

“Mr. Speaker, I’m not fascinated by sex but I am fascinated by the protection of women and understanding what we’re getting in the Oval Office," she said.

The two continued to go back and forth with Gingrich's line of attack becoming ever more ridiculous.

"We’re going to send Bill Clinton back to the East Wing," said Gingrich at one point.  "I want to hear you use the words ‘Bill Clinton, sexual predator.’ I dare you."

"We’ve covered the examples of him being accused as well," Kelly shot back. "But he’s not on the ticket. And the polls also show that the American public is less interested.”

The confrontation between the two will go down again as one of the most surreal exchanges of the 2016 campaign. We are apparently now living in a reality where white men who have cheated on their partners multiple times, bragged about sexually assaulting women, and been accused of actually doing so, can play the victim. Gingrich -- the poster child for Republican moral double standards -- has so little shame and so little regard for human decency that he feels quite justified attacking a woman on live television for speaking out about atrocious misogyny.

But then women's rights are not "real issue" and have nothing to do with "public policy" as Gingrich inadvertently admitted. Having a misogynistic, physical abuser of women in the White House is of no concern to Newt Gingrich because women are of no concern to Newt Gingrich -- a fact his three wives will no doubt attest to.

RELATED