President Obama visited Jimmy Kimmel Live! Monday evening in what will probably be his last time on the show before he leaves office. During his appearance on the show he participated in Kimmel's "Mean Tweets" where guests read the awful things people say about them on Twitter.
Most of the tweets were poorly thought out comments like,"Barack Obama is the Sharknado of presidents: loud, stupid and over-hyped," and,"Obama couldn't negotiate getting a Whopper without pickles," but the very last one was from the Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump:
"President Obama will go down as perhaps the worst president in the history of the United States."
Obama laughed off Trump's schoolyard insult and responded, "Well, at least I'll go down as a president." Ha!
The idea that President Obama is the "worst president ever" is one Trump and the rest of the GOP often tell their low-information voters in order to scare them into voting against their own self-interests. During his tenure in office the president's policies have:
- brought unemployment down
- saved the automotive industry
- insured millions of Americans
- made climate change legislation a reality
- protected the LGBT community
- cut the deficit by almost three-fourths
- helped millions of Americans save their homes
- protected women from pay discrimination
And that's just a few of his accomplishments.
Meanwhile, during Donald Trump's career, he has:
- filed for bankruptcy six times
- been sued for defrauding Americans with his Trump University scam
- seen Trump steaks fail
- seen Trump Magazine fail
- seen Trump vodka fail
- seen GoTrump.com fail
- seen Trump airlines fail
- lost his television show
With his many failures, Trump's opinion of the president holds about as much weight as his opinion of women's rights and President Obama's response to his nonsense was perfect.