Banter M is usually the kind of thing that's reserved for think pieces and longform columns -- prestige stories of the political and sometimes personal variety that we figure you'll find worth paying a couple of bucks for. This, however, won't be one of those. Not by a long shot. I hope you'll understand and forgive the intrusion of what's basically something done on a lark. What I'm about to you is nothing more than, I hope, a mildly entertaining little story of one of those oft-reported internet "come for" that I actually got to experience first hand. It involves the Hollywood Bowl, a couple of really drunk young women, a mother with one hell of a swing with a seat cushion, Facebook and -- ELO. Is this self-indulgent. Oh, fuck yes. So, let's begin.

To continue reading this article, please go here. A Banter Membership gets you weekly access to the digital magazine and all our Members Only Articles. Supporting independent media is now more important than ever, so please consider

RELATED