Remember when Hillary Clinton said her use of personal email was "allowed," and everybody made fun?

From page 11 of the FBI report (emphasis mine):

While State policy during Clinton’s tenure required that “day-to-day operations [at State] be conducted on [an authorized information system],” according to the REDACTED the Bureau of Information Security Management, REDACTED there was no restriction on the use of personal e-mail accounts for official business.

There’s a legitimate discussion to be had over whether the phrase “was allowed” is too cute, and if I had been advising Hillary Clinton at the time, I’d have recommended using a term with considerably less salesmanship, but the fact that “there was no restriction on the use of personal e-mail accounts for official business” makes what Hillary said true. For some reason, that part of the report hasn’t gotten the attention that others have

RELATED