Skip to main content

"#MillennialNoir" Shows Patton Oswalt Is Back To His Old Self on Twitter

It's good to have Patton back.
Patton

If you missed Patton Oswalt's good cheer and general mischief over the summer during his self-imposed social media sabbatical, you'll be happy to know that he's back. And when I say that, I don't just mean that he's returned to pen a legitimately interesting piece recapping why he took some time off and what he learned from his Great Unplugging -- I mean he's finally back to stretching his legs on Twitter.

It looks like just after 4:30pm West Coast time on Tuesday he fired off a tweet that began the trending hashtag #MillennialNoir. What followed were a whole lot of entertaining little cracks about all the things that make the kids of "Generation i" just so darn lovable.

The fact that these reference movies a lot of millennials have probably never heard of has to create some kind of ouroboric loop of pure irony strong enough to swallow us all.

Image credit: Gage Skidmore

RELATED