16 Rare Historical Photos That Will Blow Your Mind

Take a journey back in time with these incredibly rare photographs capturing astonishing moments in human history. The photos we selected portray events from an alternative perspective, giving us further insight into complex events that have often been too neatly packaged by popular historical narratives:
Take a journey back in time with these incredibly rare photographs capturing astonishing moments in human history. The photos we selected portray events from an alternative perspective, giving us further insight into complex events that have often been too neatly packaged by popular historical narratives:

Take a journey back in time with these incredibly rare photographs capturing astonishing moments in human history. The photos we selected portray events from an alternative perspective, giving us further insight into complex events that have often been too neatly packaged by popular historical narratives:

A liberated Jew holds a Nazi at gunpoint in 1945:

Jew holds Nazi

Hitler's bunker:

hitlers bunker

The last known photo of the Titanic:

last photo of Titanic

Filming Star Wars inside the 'Millennium Falcon':

Filming star wars inside

Building of the Eiffel Tower in July 1888:

rare-photos-building-eiffel-tower

The Microsoft team in 1978:

Microsoft staff 1978

The Titanic leaving port in 1912:

Titanic

The first ever McDonald's built in 1940 in San Bernadino, California:

The first McDonalds.

Osama Bin Laden (second from the right) aged 14 in 1971, during family trip to the town of Falun in Sweden:

Fourteen year-old Osama bin Laden.  He'

The original Ronald McDonald played by Willard Scott:

The original Ronald McDonald -- played

Hitler 800mm inspecting the“Schwerer Gustav” railway gun:

Hitler Gun

The Great San Francisco Fire and Earthquake, 1906:

The Great San Francisco Fire and Earthq

Nagasaki, Japan, 20 minutes after the atomic bombing in 1945:

Nagasaki 20 min after atomic bomb 1945

The last known Tasmanian Tiger, photographed in 1933.  The species is now extinct:

Tasmanian Tiger 1933 (extinct)

Fidel Castro lays a wreath at the Lincoln Memorial in 1959:

Fidel Castro lays a wreath at the Linco

A German air raid on Moscow in 1941:

german air raid moscow 1941

RELATED ARTICLES