The Intelligence of Dolphins

Updated on

keiki dolphin by bluewavechris.

Fascinating new research on dolphins shows that our sea mammal friends could possibly be far more intelligent than we once thought. For example, dolphins apparently have a very well developed sense of play:

At a dolphinarium, a person
standing by the pool's window noticed that a dolphin calf was watching
him. When he released a puff of smoke from his cigarette, the dolphin
immediately swam off to her mother, returned and released a mouthful of
milk, causing a similar effect to the cigarette smoke. Another dolphin
mimicked the scraping of the pool's observation window by a diver, even
copying the sound of the air-demand valve of the scuba gear while
releasing a stream of bubbles from his blowhole.

RELATED