Moral Decay on Wall St

By Ben Cohen

Matt Taibbi pinpoints the real cause of the financial meltdown - the complete immorality on Wall St:

These Wall Street players are enormously compensated, which supposedly

means that society highly values their work and is willing to pay them

a premium to do it. Having been given that kind of responsibility and

trust, these assholes should not then force us to police them as

tightly as we police those who we

to steal from us,

like third-rate car salesmen, telemarketers, hookers and three-card

monty dealers. With that kind of money they should be setting an

example. We are paying them as though they are leaders of society, so

they should lead. Instead they ripped us off like common criminals. I

mean, the level of morals here is astonishing. In my entire life I’ve

never met a drug dealer who would even think about trying half the shit

that banks like Goldman Sachs and Citibank pulled during these years.