These are predictions, not certainties, in other words a fancy way of guessing.
* The next president will be a senator. Heh.
* The Democratic nomination will not go to the convention nor will it come down to a super delegate fight. Journalists dearly want this to happen because they want to be Dan Rather in 1968 but it ain't happening.
* The next president will be a Democrat.
* If Sen. Clinton is the nominee, it will be a narrow win.
* If Sen. Obama is the nominee, it will be a comfortable win of 3-4% or more.
* Independents will decisively vote Democratic versus the split of 2004.
* The right will more or less rally for McCain, but the conservative base vote will be down, even if Clinton is the Democratic nominee.
* Democrats will gain in the House and Senate, but not enough in the Senate to get 60 seats.
* Democrats will win the Senate seats in Virginia and Minnesota.
* Virginia will go Democratic, Florida will stay Republican.
* The issue of what the McCain people do with George Bush will take up a lot of media oxygen.
* Neither Clinton nor Obama will choose the other to be their running mate.
* The Democratic running mate will be a white male.