The Edwards Vote

With just 2-3% separating Clinton and Obama on Tuesday night and more or less a push so far in the delegate race, I have to wonder what the Edwards vote (17% in NH, 30% in Iowa) represents. I don't see a path for victory for him, and my guess is that in the next few weeks his voters will start seeing some kind of futility kick in - he's not in the scrub league with Richardson & Co. but neither is he at the Obama/Clinton level. My feeling is that about 60% of his vote would go to Obama, but that's at best a guess (I'm the guy who thought Edwards would win Iowa and Obama would win New Hampshire, so go figure).

Anyone have any thoughts on the future of the Edwards vote?

RELATED