Mescaline and the Mother Earth Pt 4: The Snuff From Hell, and a Journey to the Afterlife

"We would be pouring liquid tobacco name ‘Singado’ up our noses to clear out mucus for the final ceremony when we would be snorting ‘Vilca’, the most potent psychedelic substance known to man -- a substance so powerful that those who took it reported going directly to the afterlife"
By Ben Cohen,

Continued from Part 3 (Read part 1 here and part 2 here.)

The Banter Long Read: Still deeply plugged in to Huachuma, we gathered round the Mesa as don Howard poured the pink looking liquid into a small sea shell. One of the aides had placed purge buckets on the floor and was armed with hundreds of napkins. I tilted my head back and poured the antiseptic smelling liquid up my left nostril, planning on saving enough to put up the right. Alas, the effect was so powerful that I began coughing and spluttering instantaneously...

Join the Conversation