MEMBERS ONLY: The Programmed Allure of Red State America

We've been told this fairy tale our entire lives. It's bound to have an effect sooner or later.
By Justin Rosario ,

The Banter Long Read: It occurred to me that if the programmed allure of rural America could be that strong to a lifelong city dweller like me, it must be nigh impossible to resist for actual rural Americans. It would also explain the unrelenting paranoia that their way of life in under attack....

Join the Conversation